This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
403 forbidden

i've uploaded the html code i wrote using filezilla and my websites ends up like this

http://www.watchmysteps.bravehost.com/

pls can anyone help me?

i'm really new in these things and i can't figure out how to solve this

Browser: mozilla firefox

Re: 403 forbidden

Could be one of two things

1. You don't have a main index.html page

2. YOu went over your space allotment of 5mb so you need to go through and make sure you have no files that are really huge like images: people tend to put up digital images and DO NOT optimize/resize them to an appropriate size.

You have a free subdomain/free hosting I am assuming so as said you are limited to file types can upload and space so I would go through everything of files you uploaded

And make sure your index.html page is in your root directory area as well too

You may or may not have gone over your allowance but you have not created a valid home page.

i dont think i went over the size..since i only tried to put my HTML code on to the server and there are no pictures or anything big .. but i think i accidentally removed the INDEX.HTML .. any idea how to get it back?

Browser: mozilla firefox

well if you used bravenet's editors then just go to the editor and upload your index.html

if you used your own editor then hopefully you have your page saved on your computer as index.html and just publish/upload it again with ftp