This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Bravenet Re-scripting

I know that having a free website puts ads on my page and that they are scripted into my html before it loads. But in my original source code for my html in the menu bar I have it listed as follows: < a href = "donation_upload.html " > (minus the spaces)but the links are re-directed to an error page. I looked at my page source and it said that my links were re-scripted while loading to be < a href = "nwflannel.bravehost.com/upload_donate.html " > but the file had stayed the same. The browser read nwflannel.bravehost.com/nwflannel.bravehost.com/upload_donate.html why is it doing this and how do i stop it?

Thanks,
Nick from Northwest Flanel
(like it on facebook)

Browser: Firefox

Re: Bravenet Re-scripting

Bravenet does not add anything to your web pages, until they are requested by a visitor. Then the server keys on your "body" tag, and it's terminator, to insert the advertising code. There might be an editor that does some odd things to your code, but other than that, Bravenet does not modify your code. What are you using to edit your pages?

The code below is how I see your pages. Of the five links only the "Upload/Donate" and the "Home" link works. The others give me a "file not found" message.

Code:
<table border="1" width="130" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000">
<p align="center"><b><font size="4">Menu</font></b></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="100%" bgcolor="#999999">
<p align="left"> <a href="the_fans.html">The Fans</a><br>

<a href="beginnings.html">Beginnings</a><br>
<a href="our_goal.html">Our Goal</a><br>
<a href="you.html">You</a><br>
<a href="upload_donate.html">Upload/Donate</a><br>
<a href="index.html">Home</a></td>
</tr>

</table>

Check to make sure your file names match the link reference, exactly. There can be no difference in spelling or character case. If a file is named "You.html" and your link says "you.html" the server will not find it. This is a relatively recent change to the way Bravenet works, but easily fixable. Most users with this issue just rename the files, even if they seem to be correct.

Browser: Firefox