This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changes not working

Hi,
I'm trying to clean up my website and make changes. it shows the changes in my visual editor but not when you visit the website! Never had this problem before and i haven't changed the way i change/update my site. Thanks in advance for any help

Browser: mozilla firefox

Re: Changes not working

all updates should save if you save and edit your page in the visual editor.

if not seeing them clear your cache out and refresh it should show. Your browser is probably showing the last look of the page as it was so usually refreshing page should get the current version of your webpage to show.

Browsers are deliberately designed to avoid wasting bandwidth. Recently visited pages are "cached" locally so if you don't see the latest version of a page just click the "reload" button on your browser.

Nicky, I've noticed the same problem since I've switched OS to Win 7. After making changes to my site, I clear cache completely, yet the changes are not visible unless I view my site on another computer.
I'm fairly certain that this is a Win 7 anomoly. Im going to research further...

I cleared out my cache also and still nothing. I noticed and after playing around i had to update EACH and EVERY link to the pages in order to see the changes, but it still won't refresh the new 'index' banner which is annoying as it will take it back to the un-updated pages (hope that makes sense) Last update was 18 July, new update 5 november....if i access using the old BLACK banner from www.envyamstaffs.bravehost.com it takes it to the 18th july...if i access my site this way www.envyamstaffs.bravehost.com/index.html it shows the new updated one!!!! exhausting...