This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
web hosting

I already have a bravehost website for free and of course, because it's free, there are pop-up ads all the time. I want to get rid of that so I know I have to get a web hosting, right? I don't know much about these terminologies and how it works so please excuse me for my ignorance. I just want to get the $4.99 package. My question is, can I do this even if I already have the free one? I don't want to change my website URL coz it's on my business card and in all my other promo materials.

What steps do I have to take? I need to be guided clearly and step-by-step since I don't know how this works.

Thanks so much.

Browser: internet explorer

Re: web hosting

IIRC, get your credit card out and click the "upgrade" button.

Remember that monthly rates are quoted for comparison purposes - you will be charged for the full contract amount up front. That isn't a Bravenet thing it is the standard way in which hosting costs are quoted throughout the industry.

thanks peter. does this mean i retain everything else on my website, including my URL?

Yes, if you just upgrade, your URL will not change. Unless, of course, you purchase a domain name as well. But there is no requirement to buy and use a domain name.

Paid hosting will eliminate the advertisements, give you much more disk space and bandwidth, and give you access to all of the other hosting features (email, PHP, MySql, etc..).

But make sure you understand what Peter said. To get the $4.99 package, Bravenet will charge you $299.00 up front. You usually get better pricing with longer service contracts. Personally, compared to what I pay for hosting, I think Bravenet's prices are way too high.

Browser: Firefox

Thanks Philo. $299 is beyond my budget at this point. Guess I have to look for other options.