This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Broken Link?

ok aso i just paid $100 to update my site...now when i trey to view my site is says "oops the link appeares to be broken" How do i fix this...i am very frustrated to be paying for a site that doesn work!!!!
This used to be a free site, worked great for a long time then i was unable to view the pages...so i updated it to a piad site and now this is happening still! What can i do?!

Re: Broken Link?

I see your site windywoodfarms.bravehost.com

Bravenet did make changes with their free subdomains and the amount of space and more you got with them with free hosting etc.

So perhaps your site was effected by those changes.

But make sure you are typing the CORRECT Link at all times.

If you are referring to some of your pages not working it is down to the changes bravenet made some time ago

like your contact page you have it as Contact.html when it is actually contact.html

Also don't put spaces/funny characters and other things in file names.

Go through and check your links could be a case of case sensitivity issue or spelling of your file names.

But all your pages are their if you just change the link as mentioned about with your Contact.html to contact.html and so forth...

Links are case sensitive, for example you are trying to link to Instructor.html but the page is called instructor.html

Its your decision to either change the file names or change the links, whichever is easiest for you.

Ill try your suggestions...just frustrated! thanks for both of your help!

Bravenet made these changes recently. Just you were probably one who DID NOT PAY ATTENTION to changes coming.

Keep up with your newsletters from bravenet and more on changes so YOU ARE PREPARED.