This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
error message in text editor screen

when i try to save a new page bg link or upload a pic i click the save disk in the upper left hand corner, it says saves changes but a cookie then pops up saying cannot save disk full" i cant find where it says how much space i have left, i even deleted pics from my file manager, thanks for any help

Re: error message in text editor screen

you have FREE HOSTING with your domain so your space may be limited

If you want upgrade your hosting

But with images/pictures many have a tendency to upload as is and it may be a file that is 2mg and that is WAY too big for images.

Optimize your images/size them down to an appropriate size or host your images someplace else

You can size them down with irfanview if you like.

Also don't put any kind of huge files on your site with free hosting because could use up your space fast.

Unless you want to upgrade your hosting

Re: error message in text editor screen

Your space available is listed in your Bravenet account under Web Hosting. There should be a listing for total space used and space available like "Disk Space: 1.5 MB of 5.0 MB". Below that would be listings for each of your web sites. But I don't think that that is the issue here. Going over your alloted disk space generates a different error.

On the server, users are spread out over multiple disks. From time to time users actually fill up those disks. Bravenet would usually monitor disk usage and move accounts to other disks, or add new disks, when space started to get low. However, sometimes it just gets filled when their back is turned.

There isn't much you can do about it but wait. Bravenet will notice it and fix the issue. Then you will be able to continue.

Browser: Firefox