This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changing a Sub Domain to a Domain

What is the procedure to change my subdomain URL website to a domain URL website? I have all the links in the subdomain for the subdomain so what do I have to do?
I am told that the search engines will not pick up a site in the search so I will need to change to a Domain.
Thank you.
Ann

Browser: IE7

Re: Changing a Sub Domain to a Domain

Buy ladyanndesigns.com if it is available

or .net

then can transfer your files over to new domain after the 24 - 72 hours it needs to fully propogate.

I bought ladyanndesigns.com for three years.

How do I transfer it now? Who do I tell?
Do I have to change all my links inside now to the new domain?
Thank you,
Ann

Search engines have no problem over picking up sub domains. I have had sub domains in number one position on Google.

If your site won't rank on the sub domain then it won't rank with a full domain name.

Getting back to the original question we first need to know if you bought the domain from Bravenet or from a different registrar.

I bought it from Bravenet.
I began this site in September 2010 of this year and I want to do all I can to make it work. That is good to know about subdomains but I bought it already when I was logged on Bravenet and clicked Domain.
Ann

Yuur domain is set now just have to upload your files to it and change your links if you want things to point to your domain over your free subdomain