This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unconfigured Site? Registered Domain?

Bravenet changed my domain name for me on Oct. 4th. I purchased one over a year ago and had a website but I took the site down and didn't need it anymore so starting a new business, I purchased a new domain name (www.myfordproductions.com) so they switched it for me. I started building the new site through Viviti. The only way I can see my site on the web is using vivit in the URL (www.myfordproductions.viviti.com) not www.myfordproductions.com. I told them when I go into my domains tab, it says I have no domain registered. They told me "It's still there in your domains tab. If you would like to create hosting for this domain name, create a website in the "websites" tab for this existing domain. I already created the site. If I try again it says that domain is already in use (because it's registered to me). They said it is not currently configured and will display an "unconfigured site" page until I create a website in the websites tab for this domain name". I have already created it once. I didn't have any trouble with all this the first time I went through Bravenet and bought my initial domain (clowntickles.com). I consider myself pretty savvy with computers and the net but I am stumped! Please help. Hope this all makes sense since there seems to be several issues. In short, I have my website built and can see it on www.myfordproductions.viviti.com not www.myfordproductions.com which they say has been set up.

Browser: Safari

Re: Unconfigured Site? Registered Domain?

For starters usually a domain link that says unconfigured means not propogated yet

Your site should be up by now anyways.

Are your DNS Servers pointing to where they should be and more.

You may have to open a support ticket to further on this.

If you are hosting the site at Viviti not sure if DNS servers have to point to someplace different or what.

You purchased the DOMAIN through bravenet. Your other site you list is your FREE SUBDOMAIN you may have signed up for at Viviti.

But if you are redirecting as well to make your free subdomain point to your Domain could have something as said in settings not right.

DO NOT try to REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN AGAIN because YES IT IS TAKEN BY YOU. You CAN'T REGISTER the domain again.

I'm not sure that I completely follow you as to what I need to do next. Although, I didn't mean to set up a subdomain. For the time being, I have an ad on a website showing my website as www.myfordproductions.com but I asked them to link it to www.myforproductions.viviti.com. That should work, right?

Larry,

You need to log into your Viviti account.

Click "Add an external domain name"
Enter the domain name "myfordproductions.com", click create.
The next screen is going to give you Viviti nameservers.

Open a new browser window, do not close the Viviti window.
Click the domains tab.
Click on your domain name.
Click "Manage nameservers"
Delete the Bravenet nameservers and replace them with the Viviti ones.
Click "update nameservers".

Go back to the Viviti window.
Click associate with website.
Select "myforproductions.viviti.com"
Click continue.
Click set as primary hostname.

You domain name should start pointing to your Viviti site. It make take a bit of time before you see it though.

Also, as far as the domains tab saying you have no domains registered - it looks like you have more then one Bravenet account, make sure you are logged into the correct one.

Courtnie

Thank you, Courtnie. I'll give this a try.

Courtnie,

When I click the domains tab, that's the problem, my domain name does not appear. Says I don't have one. I know it's registered, so your company has said.

Courtnie from Bravenet

Also, as far as the domains tab saying you have no domains registered - it looks like you have more then one Bravenet account, make sure you are logged into the correct one.

I tried to log into my old account and it doesn't work so I assumed it was closed. I log into the new one where I created my website and i can get in.

You need to use the account you used 4 days ago when you bought your domain. I can assure you that the account was not closed.

Courtnie

Courtnie,

I'm puzzled at this point. You should have my contact info. Can you email me or call me please. I'm trying to release my website this weekend. Thanks!

Courtnie,

I found a way to get into the account where it is. Thank you and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Courtnie,

Thanks for your help today. I was able to follow the instructions that you gave me. When i was finished it said now if anyone types myfordproductions.com OR www.myfordproductions.com, they will be able to see my site. myfordproductions.com works but not www.myfordproductions.com. What must I do?