This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website messup help

Hi, Hoping someone can help me figure this out. I designed my site myself and have VERY limited knowledge so please 'dumb down' any suggestions you may have so a novice could figure it out. :) I designed my site and a graphics designed buddy of mine decided he would do a few tweaks and make it better for me. He calls and says 'I messed up, DO NOT publish your site' then proceeds to go MIA... So as you see it online my site is saved to the way I had it, which is functional and sufficient. But I need to make some major product changes and I'm frozen... Is it possible to re-publish the site in it's current version without out all the messed up updates?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I've been all over Bravenet and can't figure out a way to do this...

Kim

Re: Website messup help

Congratulations, you have broken rule one, which is to keep graphic designers away from web design. They have a bad habit of giving appearance priority over function.

Your site appears to have been originally created using the Wizard. Can you confirm are the unpublished changes in the Wizard or did he download the files to a PC and make the changes there?

Yes, I've learned my mistake the hard way...

The changes are in the wizard, I see them when in the website editor.

Thank-you for taking the time to go to my site and any efforts to try to help.

Just go through and publish your site through the wizard after you check to make sure the site is as you like it.
You can also make any changes through the wizard. Personally I see nothing wrong with the way you designed your site. It is functional and that is the main thing plus the birds are lovely.