This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unconfigured website?

I bought a domain yesterday through bravenet, and I am using VIviti to build the website. How do I make the domain (shibbypictures.com) go to my Viviti website? I followed all the directions on Viviti, and changed the DNS, but it still says unconfigured. Am I missing something?

Re: Unconfigured website?

You just bought the domain you have to give it 24 to 72 hours for it to fully propogate before you can start to do anything with it

that is why you have the unconfigured

But of course mixing viviti and bravenet as well

Guess you want your domain to go to your free viviti subdomain or something

Viviti and bravenet are different

I do see your site so as said it may not have fully propogated yet

Your shibbypictures.com site does work.

Jak,

Jeff is correct - your site is there and everything is working - I can see it and it is pointing to your Viviti website correctly. You just need to give it time for the changes to fully take effect. It does take 24-72 hours.

Also, for anyone else wondering it is okay to buy a domain name at Bravenet (or anywhere) and use it at Viviti. Just like it is okay to buy a domain name from somewhere else and use it at Bravenet.

Courtnie

This delay is standard across the web and is down to your own ISP not Bravenet.

New domain details are published by the registrars but it is down to the ISPs to update their records to map domain names to IP addresses. Some update several times an hour, others several times a week.

I see the site too, I know that my ISP updates at least hourly from accessing domains that I have bought.