This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help required to put website on the internet

I have used the website wizard to creat a website and published it but it does not appear on the internet when I type in the website name - is there something else that I have to do so it can go online??

Re: Help required to put website on the internet

well your domain could have expired and you NEED TO RENEW IT

or your hosting

or something else

so NEED to keep track on your hosting and domain of when they are due to be paid

open a support ticket if you have paid hosting/domain

No all that is correct and paid up .... next one please

Most likely you haven't configured your domain correctly. Is the domain name managed by Bravenet or by another company?

It looks like you have your domain redirecting.

You can check domain redirections by clicking the domain tab.
Click "Setup domain redirection"

Here you will see if your domain is set to redirect, if it is check where it is redirecting and either edit it or turn it off.

Courtnie

It is meant to be managed by Bravenet - I had it redirected about 2 months ago from Limeworks but I am having trouble trying to figure out if is has been done correctly as both bravenet help and limeorks help have been helping me to do it, but I am still unsure if it has been done correctly

Hi Courtnie - many thanks but I am having trouble understanding the jargon and where you go to do this - I have had both bravenet help and limeworks help - helping me but it is extremely difficult understanding the jargon they use and where exactly you go to make the adjustments and how you go about doing them - as a step by step process. Both use different jargon for doing the same process and call the various steps by different names.

Across the top there are tabs, click the tab that says domains.
There is a section with some blue links, left hand side and the bottom is the domain redirection link.
Click that link.
Here it will show if you have any redirects you can edit/delete from this page.

Hope that helps.

Yes I have done that some weeks ago - but it still does not appear on the internet. The domain is recorded on my account and I have used to web wizard to make to website and after publishing it still does not show

Are you talking about the URL you have posted? fishingoutdoors.org?

Because from the looks of it, your domain is still redirecting to ns11.bravehost.com - I suggest you have a another look and delete the redirect.

Courtnie

I don't understand what you are saying - that is what I was told to do by the bravenet folk!!!

Is there a difference between the URL and domain names? This what I meant earlier when discussing the jargon used.

After logging in, click on the domains tab across the top - it's a green bar. Domains is the 4th tab from the left.

After clicking on the domains tab a new page will load. On the page, third blue link down on the left it says:
Setup domain redirection
Redirect your domain or subdomain to another address.

Click on the blue link that says "set up domain redirection"

Another page will load.

On this page in orange text is says "Manage Address Redirection"
And then there is a box, the box has 'fishingoutdoors.org' in it and next to that it says that it is redirecting to 'http://ns11.bravehost.com' the next box says unmasked. You can ignore that box. But after that there is an edit box and then after that there is a delete box.

You need to click delete its red with a white x in it.

Brilliant thanks
Thankyou
Graham

I clicked on your address and got a web site about fishing? Is that your web site? Maybe it took time for it to get up?

Went to this URL:http://fishingoutdoors.org/

A website appeared. Is it yours? If so, Evidently it took some time to get up is all.