This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Messed up my website

Hi, I did something and now my website has the words "things to do" in the sidebar on EVERY page. I go into the wizard and I have tried to find this but it does not show up where I can edit it out and make it go away. I dont even know what I did that caused this. Can someone please help me??

Thanks,

Renee

Browser: explorer

Re: Messed up my website

The only way to get that sidebar is to use the "add services" link in the Website Wizard. This is for adding links to the other Bravenet services. Whether you did it accidentally or on purpose is anyone's guess. But it doesn't really matter. I tried it with the GuestBook. It created the sidebar, but no real link was ever created. My guess is that Bravenet broke it again.

Anyway, to get rid of it is simple. In the Wizard, follow the "manage links" link. This should bring you to a page with the "Things To Do" category listed. Just click the link on the right that says "Delete Category". Then use the "publish website" button and write your files to your web site. When you view your site from a browser, force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) so that you see the latest changes.

Browser: Firefox