This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
When can I publish my page?

Not sure what I'm doing, actually. I bought a domain (http://www.takeitaway.net) that I'm working through Bravenet to set it up and host it. I don't see the buttons to publish it (not sure if there is any), and when I contacted Domain.com about the link, they tell me their end is active immediately. Not sure what to look for or where to start, can anybody tell me how long I have to wait to be able to put it on the web?? Thanks!

Browser: Bravenet?

Re: When can I publish my page?

takeitaway.net

We deal with the clutter in your home, rental properties or yard so you don't have to!

There doesn't seem to be a problem. But you only registered it yesterday, so maybe your ISP hasn't updated yet. Try tomorrow.

Is that when I'll find a publish button?? Where is it and what exactly am I looking for when searching for it?? Thanks for your input!

Okay, I've found it now by putting the /index.html behind the website. How do I change the directory to point it to JUST http://www.takeitaway.net (and not have to point to the index.html? Thanks again!

you don't need the index.html part

as said your website is

www.takeitaway.net OR

www.takeitaway.net/index.html

the index.html is your main page

as said it may NOT have fully propogated yet to where you can see it.

It takes 24 - 72 hours

As for a publish button that DEPENDS ON WHAT EDITOR YOU ARE USING to make your site and so forth.

Have a LOT TO LEARN

No, there will never be a publish button. There is no need for one.

The Website Wizard has a publish button, because the web pages are created in the Wizard application and need to be written to the web site. But when you are working with the file manager, you don't have that level of abstraction. The files you see "ARE" on your web site. There is no need to "publish". Any changes made to a file are available to the internet, immediately after you hit the save button.

However, your browser may prevent you from seeing these changes right away. Web browsers cache previous attempts to access web pages. The cache will expire after a while, but when your trying to write web pages, it's not often enough.

When you make changes to your web pages, and then want to view your web site changes from a browser, use a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to get the latest information from your web site.

From a browser's standpoint, "www.takeitaway.net" and "www.takeitaway.net/index.html" are considered different addresses. If the second one works, then the first one should also work, but you may need to refresh your browser a couple time when you use it.

Browser: Firefox