This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Domain Registry

i made a site a few years ago on here and registered the domain lexingtoninteriors.net. it worked then, i came to update and start back up, repurchased the domain name and now if you go to it nothing. it doesn't even show up in my domain tab on bravenet account, but on the recent transaction tab it shows my purchase and if I try to buy it again it won't let me because it's already bought. What to do?

Re: Domain Registry

well you bought the domain yesterday and it takes time to propogate so why are you trying to buy it again

It takes 24 - 72 hours for it to show under your bravenet account and after that time you should be able to start building your site

BUt I see your site right now as you have free hosting with your domain.

Re: Domain Registry

If you renewed a domain too close to the renewal date, or waited until the reserved period after the expiry then the DNS servers around the world will have already dropped the name and you will have to wait for them to update.

This is not a Bravenet issue, DNS servers are updated by the owners according to their own timescales. One may update every half hour, another once a day.