This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Changes are displayed in IE but FFox is not able to display changes using Website Wizard

Hello.

Using Website Wizard to do changes to my website, I cannot see those changes with FFox, however IE displays correctly my website including the ads.

Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Browser: IE and FFox

Re: Changes are displayed in IE but FFox is not able to display changes using Website Wizard

Each browser has its own cache. Clearing cache in IE does not clear the cache in FF.

Re: Changes are displayed in IE but FFox is not able to display changes using Website Wizard

I have a very similar problem - but my text changes do not show in either FF or IE. They do show on the File Manager visual. I have cleared the cache on FF and IE to no avail. Is there a solution?

Browser: Firefox (Latest version)

Agree. The cache cleaning does not fix the issue. It is needed patience since after several hours (probably 24h) the changes are shown correctly in FireFox. Hopefuly Bravenet research a little bit deep to find the root cause of this issue. Meanwhile use only IE to see the changes during first hours after submit your changes.

Browser: IE and FFox

Don't count on Bravenet researching anything. This is not a Bravenet issue. I use Bravenet for testing some templates and some Wizard operations regularly, and have never had any update delay issues. I see all my changes immediately. The only slowdowns that I ever see occur while I am navigating within my Bravenet Login Account.

If you are waiting for more than a minute, then your not doing something right. If you can see the changes from the File Manager, then the changes are immediately available to the internet. The files and folders that you see from the File Manager "ARE" your web site. There is no 24 hour wait while the server submits your changes.

For example, when I am working in the Wizard, I make all my updated, go through the publish operation, and then point my browser at the web site. When it connects I force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This forces your browser to download the latest data from your web site. I have found that two or three refreshes are usually required. The browser refresh works for both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Sometimes your ISP will try to cache your web site visits. This is to give you the illusion that your ISP is really fast. Multiple browser refreshes can usually push through their cache.

Browser: Firefox