This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website pages won't open up, i..e. get an error message saying website cannot be found.

When myself or others go into my website, she often find that when they try to open a page, they get the message, "The webpage cannot be foundDNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken"
This is extremely upsetting given that I need all the pages accessible to those to view my website.
What's the deal???

Re: Website pages won't open up, i..e. get an error message saying website cannot be found.

Seems to be mostly typos on your part. You will notice that if you try to go from your main page to "Beach House", it doesn't work. If you try from your Bio page, it work. That is because on the Bio page, you spelled the filename beachhouse.html and not beachhouse.htm

Re: Website pages won't open up, i..e. get an error message saying website cannot be found.

Thanks for responding but as I didn't initially set up the website and can only add or delete pics, I feel a bit limited as to how to fix it. Any assistance or line-by-line instructions would certainly help and most appreciated.

well if you can't edit the links or anything but pictures on the site

THEN YOU NEED TO GET THE webpage maker to correct the links

Since don't know what editor you used to make the site or they used.

This is one bad thing with letting others make your site

They can disappear, leave you no access and more and you are left holding the bag

You need to get full access to updating so you can update yourself and more

You need to correct the spelling on the links not working in notepad or whatever editor you used and save and publish the site.

From what you say you only do pictures so unless you have more capabilities with updating your page then as said CONTACT THE PERSON WHO has MORE POWER WITH UPDATING YOUR SITE