This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problem with specific state not displaying site

We renewed our website today and in Georgia people can pull it up with no problems. However in Alabama (where we need it the most) its still showing up as it needs to be renewed. Any ideas

Browser: mozilla and explorer

Re: Problem with specific state not displaying site

It takes time to propogate when you first get a domain or renew your site

Yes it may show in one place but not others

Give it a day or two for it to work it's cycle

It takes 24 - 72 hours for full propogation

I see your site.

But as said it may not have propogated all the way through for everyone to see it yet

I don't know why ISPs in the USA are so slow, updates are much quicker on this side of the Atlantic.

Each ISP has to explicitly update its DNS records and they do this on timescales that they choose. It could be every few minutes or every few days. If you leave renewal to the last minute there is a risk of a gap between expiry and the ISP discovering that you have renewed.

I always advise people to allow 14 days for renewal which gives a margin in case your card issuer screws up as the payment as well as for propagation..

Thank you so much for your help. I've tried to advise them not to wait until it runs out for them to renew, however since I only do the updates to the site and someone else pays for it then its a little out of my control. Again thank you for your help.

Browser: www.misssmithsstation.com