This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
question about status sign

Hi.....just heard from a client that my site wasn't available. I loged into Bravenet and checked my site info and found that under the "status" box there is a minus sign. Is there someway for me to fix this and get my site back up?
Thanks for any help.

Re: question about status sign

Actually, the link you gave us doesn't say "not available". On the contrary, it says "Available website", meaning that URL is not taken.

Either you have made the mistake of thinking that signing on for Bravenet automatically gives you a website without registering for that particular service, or you are mistaken about what URL you registered. (Happens more often than you'd think with URLs of more than 15 letters)

Check your URL again - or, if you have no website, just register it. There is a link to do so from the URL you listed.

Hello......thank you for your reply and you are right I did use the wrong addy. I've used this addy for about five years but don't update it very often because it's fine the way it is. The counter shows over 400 hundered visitors which is about right for where I live. I do have an account for a free site and when I go to my account page it shows this addy as mine. The only difference now is in the "status" box it has a "minus" sign and if I click on it it wants to delete.....plus clients can't view the site.
Thanks again for your help.

I see your site fine.

Seeing the minus sign under status is totally normal. Clicking the sign will disable your website, no delete it. This is useful feature for people who wish to temporally turn off your website. Minus = turn off website. If you were to click that minus sign it would disable your website and the icon would turn into green arrows to turn it back on.

Anyway, your site is fine - don't worry about the minus sign under status, it is normal and been that way for a while.

Courtnie

The reason for the confusion is that Explorer displays alt-text rather than title when you put the cursor on the button. So in Firefox, it says "Disable website". In Explorer, it says "Delete", which obviously makes people unhappy.

Courtnie, you might want to ask whoever is in charge of that page why they think "delete" is the most appropriate alt-text for that image. I see that the name of the image is "delete.png", but I should think what happens if you click it is more relevant.

Corwings, thanks for pointing that out. Being a Safari user I didn't even notice that. I will bring it to the attention of those in charge of those pages.

Thank you.
Courtnie

Another user: It still says "delete" when I hover over the status button in website manager, but the url has disable in it.

IE 7, XP