This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Site wob't publish

Hi, I posted this yesterday, but for the life of me I can't find it. When I hit the box that said "Finish Building and publish website" I get this notice on the next page: The Bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Connect Failed). It has been about 24 hours so I think something is wrong. I used the Wizard to get me going. I see my information on the index page I made but not on the other pages. Do I need to start over? I don't know what to do. I received one reply yesterday that said the server must be down, but it seems to be to long now. Please if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you again, Gilda

Browser: FireFox

Re: Site wob't publish

Still says site under constuction have you loaded Index htm or html ??

It won't let me, I keep getting the error message above. Could my images be too big???

OK, I was just about to give up, but it just let me publish it, so now I will wait awhile to see if it's on the internet. Still not sure about the pictures but I will check in a little bit. Hope it works. Thank you.

your images are definitely too big, yes. But they are available now, for visitors with connections fast enough to handle them.

Yes you do have to watch the size of things with fact you have a free subdomain and free hosting and you only have 5mb of space.

Images people tend to NOT optimize/resize to an appropriate size for placing on websites

Especially with digital images

And for someone out there that has dial up they might be waiting and waiting to see your page or images

Thanks for all your help. I'm going to see if I can re size the images again. Hopefully without distortion. I'm finally getting the hang of this. Thank you all again. Gilda

"hopefully without distortion"

That made me worry a bit. Why should there be distortion? Gilda, on your DiaperCake page, at the bottom you have a monster image that is 949 x 1 022 pixels and about 20 times as many kilobytes as would make sense.

However, you display this image as a 575 x 619 pixel image. The quoted text above made me wonder if you imagine you are resizing when you do this? You are not,and that is why you may see distortions. You need graphics software to resize the images before uploading.

Hi, I hope you are still there to help me. I understood what you said, so I re-sized my images, but now I can only keep 3 images on the page when I am editing it in the Website Wizard. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help. Gilda

OK, I'm sorry, but it is now letting me add more pictures. It's OK.