This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
All my pages except index are 404

All my pages except the index are mysteriously 404!

My site was working perfectly till the last time i checked and i haven't changed a thing! But i keep getting 404 for all pages except the index page.

I've linked to files as .htm in the index page and the pages are stored as .html on the hosts server. I could access the files by changing the 404 url to *.html so i thought that it is finally time for code polish. But neither renaming the files to *.htm nor editing the urls in the index to *.html works

Any suggestions or is this a temporary issue?

Regards ~ MFK

Browser: Firefox 3.6.6 and Opera 10.60

Re: All my pages except index are 404

We've recently changed the default setting for Mod_speling from enabled to disabled. This module attempts to correct misspellings or CaSe SeNsItIvItY of URL's that you might have made. If you've noticed that some links or images have recently stopped working, this is why. The issue is that there is a typo or incorrect case somewhere in the link you've created. Previously this would have been automatically fixed by the server, but now you're going to have to go in and correct those mistakes. Paid hosting users can change the default setting by using an .htaccess file.

You are going to have to edit the navigation in your website to reflect the .html files or rename your files to .htm. The second is probably the easiest.

Make sure you clear the cache on your website browser, either of those changes should work.

Courtnie