This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need to shut down website

I need to shutdown this website. The person handling the website is no longer available to update the site and acutally we have no way of contacting this person. I have no idea of the login or password information. I am the President of this Club and desparately need to shut this site down. All of the information is outdated and it is published on the American Kennel Club website and I don't want erroneous information being published.

Thanks for your help.
Jeanne

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: Need to shut down website

You have a problem as you cannot raise a support ticket on a free service any more.

If Bravenet choose to play this by the book then you are stuck. A friend of mine had the same problem with a different hosting service, in the end I set up an new site for her and we just waited for the original hosting contract to expire.

Thanks for your quiok reply. How do I know when it will expire?

Browser: Internet Explorer

you have a free subdomain here at bravenet

so it DOES NOT expire. A DOMAIN and PAID HOSTING DO EXPIRE

but you have neither of those so your site is up for life unless you can somehow contact bravenet and get the login and password for that account

That is the bad part of having someone else do your site and they have the account information and don't give it to you they have a tendency to disappear and leave you holding the bag

Lucky you only have a free subdomain and the free hosting but still perhaps someone somehow can open a ticket for you in your name and have an e-mail sent to you with a response so you can delete the account

But as said the link you provided is a free hosted/subdomain so no expiration with it you need the login information to even get in to delete the account and or Website and with support tickets now you need paid hosting pretty much to have them go through.