This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Index File

I have uploaded an updated version of my index.htm after deleting previous one from file manager.But the file manager does not show the updated position of index.htm despite repeated attempts.

In fact the file has been replaced as is evident when I browse for http://www.ansaraburney.bravehost.com, the replaced page appears on the net but in file Manager old page has not been replaced.

Anybody may like to explain reason for this problem and how can it be solved with ease.

Browser: i.e.7

Re: Index File

first question is WHY DID YOU DELETE YOUR index.htm file

why didn't you just UPDATE it

YOU DO NOT DELETE any files UNLESS YOU DO NOT WANT THEM ANYMORE

What you are probably seeing is a cached version of your page if you search for it on the search engines

If you did what you were supposed to in the file manager to update your page then your new version should be their

-----
first question is WHY DID YOU DELETE YOUR index.htm file

why didn't you just UPDATE it

YOU DO NOT DELETE any files UNLESS YOU DO NOT WANT THEM ANYMORE

What you are probably seeing is a cached version of your page if you search for it on the search engines

If you did what you were supposed to in the file manager to update your page then your new version should be their

Thank you. I am new to web, please tell me how can I clear the Cache so that my updated page appears in File Manager. I have already deleted all temporary files.

Browser: i.e.7

If you updated your index.htm page then it is their online.

I see it

Don't know what you updated but the search engines don't have your page outright updated smack dab the minute you make changes.

It takes time for them to show up in a search.

But if YOU published/saved your page in the file manager after you finished then your page is their.

Obviously have a LOT TO LEARN here with terminology and more and with using the bravenet editors

I have uploaded an updated version of my index.htm after deleting previous one from file manager.

If you want to replaced a file just upload the new version, the software will handle the rest. There is no need to explicitly delete the old file first.

It says your web site is available so what have you done wrong

He deleted his site long ago Glyn

Move on