This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problem adding text

When I try to add text to existing (or new) pages, there appears to be a limit on what can be added. I know a limit exists, but for example a new page just added will only show what is 'on-screen' with nothing added to be able to scrol down to. What is going on ??

Browser: Firefox

Re: Problem adding text

I didn't know which page you were referring to, but since the Wizard adds pages sequentially, I picked the last one, "SMS". When I looked at the code it all became very clear.

In the Wizard, each content block has a maximum length of 40,000 characters, including HTML. It appears, at least on that page, you are copy/pasting from a Microsoft Word document. When you do that, it drags along thousands of characters of MS Word HTML. Between the MS Word HTML and your text, my guess is that your text is only 5 percent of the total characters. The rest is useless MS Word HTML.

The fix is to use a text editor as a intermediate. When you are copying from MS Word, first copy it to a text editor. Something like Notepad. Then copy/paste the text from the text editor. This will remove all of the MS Word formatting and allow you to put much more on a page.

You should also just be able to save your MS Word document as a text document. That should also remove all of the formatting. Then open up the text document and copy/paste from there.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....