This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HTML to let users join my mail list?

We're hoping to use bravenet to manage our email list. How can I let users on my webpage sign up for my email list? Is this possible?

-Bill Kemmerer

Re: HTML to let users join my mail list?

Open an account, register the service and follow the instructions.

If you want to use Bravenet for an existing mailing list then all users will have to re-register. There will be a high attrition rate, that is inevitable.

I undersand how to use this site and manually add users or a list of emails.

What I'm looking for is HTML code to put on my web site hosted elsewhere so my members can add themselves to my email list here without me in the loop.

I have looked around and have not found this. So it the answer is RTFM, can you please point me to the manual?

As the previous poster said you have to sign up for a bravenet account

then sign up for the mailing list service.

What e-mail address you use with your bravenet account you should then receive a notice that you signed up for the service and should receive the html code for the mailing list as well if do not then

login to your bravenet account
click on the mailing list service in your webtools area
You are then taken to your maintenance area for your mailing list and then in right corner you see an orange button that says GET CODE

Once you click that you will see a set up so you can set up the html code for your mailing list box if you want something different than the default colors etc for the Subscription box.

If you like it then just click the button that Greyish button that says Get the Code.

Then highlight that code it provides and place it on your webpage

This allows members to SIGN UP for your newsletter/mailing list but they are not all added until they accept the opt in e-mails they receive. If they don't receive them then it is down to their e-mail provider so you may have to add people manually. But if someone is sitting in your pending area longer than 7 days they are removed.

So somethings to be aware of if you want to use bravenet's mailing list service

Thank you. I do have an account, and do have an email list. I've manually added a couple of people and sent a couple of test emails.

Thank you so much for some clear instructions. I've been on the bravenet site for a few days, and probably missed what came in the inital email. I need to give that HTML code to my web guy, and my boss at the club says he will gladly pay $100 a year when we have it working.

I appreciate the quick and useful response very much. I had looked around for hours on the bravenet site with at least 100 mouse clicks as a registered user before I asked for help. And I had checked this forum for 100 posts or so.

Thank you so much! I was stumped.