This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New pages don't show on website

I uploaded two new pages (htm) and correspondig pcss files for my website. There were updates of previous files. I deleted the previous files but now neither page shows on the website. My index page link for page 2 jumps to page 20 and the link for page 23 jumps to page 32. Both pages (htm and pcss) are located near the top of the list of files (i.e. images) so they are out of order but I do not know if that makes a difference and if it does how do you move them?
Can anyone help?

Browser: IE8

Re: New pages don't show on website

One of the things I try, when attempting to check a problem, is I try to access a page I know doesn't exist. When I do that, I often get a message that says the page can't be found, but I also get a list of available pages. This doesn't work in every case, but it does with yours. In your case, your page 2 (218thmpcovn_002.htm) doesn't seem to exist. When you use that page name, the server finds the nearest fit. Below is a clipping of what I see when I try to access "218thmpcovn_02.htm".

Now, I'm sure your going to tell me that they do exist. I'm sure they do, but either there is something wrong with them or the server has an issue with your naming convention. There is nothing wrong with the ".htm" extensions, but the server seems to have an issue with multiple "zeros" (002). You might try temporarily changing the name of "218thmpcovn_002.htm" to something simple like "Page_2.htm", and it's associated link. Then see if the page can be accessed properly. You can do the changes from the File Manager using the Text editor. Don't use the Visual editor. That will cause more problems and complicate the real issue.

If that works, you may need to change your naming/numbering convention to get the pages to come up correctly.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: New pages don't show on website

Philo,
Thanks so much for your very helpful info. Your suggestion worked, I'll remember that in the future. Apparently the offline website builder named the pages because I would naver have chosen such long names/numbers.
Tom

Browser: IE8