This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
deleting files with text editor

I uploaded updated pages to my website. Then tried to delete the prev htm and p.css files with the text editor by right clicking and selecting delete files. After several tries the files remain. I refreshed both the text editor page and the website page (viewed in another window). The new pages were titled exactly the same and were the same page number. Both the old and new pages and css files appear in the text editor. On dup image files I was asked if I wanted to overright but not on the page and css files. I even renamed one of the htm and css files and it still shows on the browser but the new one doesn't. Any ideas?

Browser: IE8

Re: deleting files with text editor

OK, I used FileZilla to delete the files I was referring to on this question, BUT the replacement files still don't show on my website - I guess that's a different topic.

hmmm
I just think you HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU ARE DOING

You don't know how to upload pages properly, name them properly, link them properly and more

So you think you can SPAM the forum board with every little thing you need.

JUST STAY on one topic because THEY ALL RELATE to your same problem

Which is YOU HAVE NO CLUE ON ANYTHING

Thanks for your comments. You know if you can't offer help you could just not comment and don't be such a condesending know it all. You probably never had to ask a question - pi$$ant.

Are you helping, Hmmm?

I do not understand why you deleted the css files unless you wanted to change the entire look of your website or the look of some of the pages.

To upload or delete files, go to File Manager for your site. These are the steps you go through to get to the file manager for the Bravenet website provider bravehost.

1. login
2. Where it says Manage Web Sites Click on the Manage Icon. It looks like a hand that is writing on paper. This will take you to the web site manager.
3. You are now at the website manager. Click on the link that says file manager. This takes you to website manager.You should find everything that is listed in your website there.
4. Want to delete a file? You will find a red circle in the far right hand side next to what you want to delete or right in line with it. Just click on the red circle with the X in the center and that deletes the file.
5. If you wish to edit just click in the box listed with the page you want to edit. This box will have a graphic of a hand writing on paper.
6. Want to create a new page? Just go to create file. Let's say I want to add a page to http://webspeak.bravehost.com. Like for instance I want to name the new page: Mickey Mouse. I just write in the space in the pop up window: mickeymouse.html. The HTML means a new web page. It will then appear in the list of my content in the Web site manager.

Unless you designed the CSS files or know how to use them it is best not to mess with them.

You might want to get a ticket if your web site is with Bravenet. Tell them your problem and maybe they can help you.

I hope this helps.

Forget my previous post

Webspeak,
Thanks for your efforts to help. I would delete this whole sequence if I could because that issue is resolved, but I realize the q/a are left here for others with a similar prob. I do appreciate your very clear instructions.