This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website Wizard will not upload my pages

Hi everyone

I sure hope someone can help me. After working on building my site through the website wizard I get the message 'the Bravenet FTP server is not available at this time. Please try again later. (Connect Failed)'

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this means and why it is happening. I have been trying to get it to publish my pages for an hour or more now and I just keep getting that annoying and frustrating message. Have I missed something?

Cheers
Christine

Re: Website Wizard will not upload my pages

server could be busy if you hit the publish button in the wizard editor

or else something else.

Wait and try again tomorrow and if still have error perhaps something with the Wizard editor

Thanks Skip

I eventually sorted it out, it is a 2 part process. After you hit publish my site you then have to go to website then manage then right at the bottom of that page is publish my site.

I decided not to keep using the wizard because it doesn't update your index file with any changes you make manually..it just keeps storing the original one you made so you lose all your changes if you use the wizard again.

I'm learning as I go!

Cheers
Christine

Exactly, that is what the Wizard is supposed to do. You either use it for everything or not at all.

Peter is correct. If you mix editors and then go back to wizard and hit publish then you just lost all your work.

The Wizard editor is designed to publish your site ONLY IF YOU EDIT IT THERE your updates will show

If you go edit in the Visual/text editor and go hit the publish button well all your work was just lost.

For anyone who is using these editors this issue has been SO COMMON around this forum.