This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Using IP address says site is not configured

I'm working on refining the website we'll be hosting at Bravenet before pointing the name servers from the existing (temporary) web host to this one. I FTP'd the files over (with Dreamweaver) yesterday and now I'd like to view it online to see how it works on the servers, so tried typing in the IP address Bravenet gave us for the domain but it doesn't show me my index page, instead saying:
"Unconfigured Site
No match was found. Domain is not configured."

I should be able to view a site with the IP address even if the name servers aren't pointing to that IP address yet - as long as the files are there - shouldn't I What do I need to to? I'd like to see that everything is working for myself before changing the name servers and going live!

Note: The domain is myknitsandpearls.com (which is currently being hosted by CBeyond)

Browser: IE8

Re: Using IP address says site is not configured

your domain transfer or such probably hasn't had the time to propogate yet

transfers of domains take time also

Give it a day or two and see if your site comes up here at bravenet

your other site is still up I guess at your other host.

If still have the problem then open a support ticket and talk to bravenet

Re: Using IP address says site is not configured

Thanks for the suggestion. Again, I have not yet begun the domain transfer process. I have an IP address on the bravenet servers, I have uploaded a draft of the website via FTP to the server at the storage location bravenet specified for the IP, and want to check its functionality. When I enter the IP address in a browser window (IE8)I get the error message. There should be no delay to view the files; I've done similar procedures with two other hosts, so I'm wondering if there's some sort of safety protocol in the way? You're right, I may just need to open a ticket.