Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cant find link to publish changes in website

Hi,
Please help me sort out a problem.
I started building my website by wizard and made one page and published it successfully. then i added other page in file manager. i can see them there and also in text and visual editor but can not find publish now hyperlink anywhere. The link from published page to new page does not work. I dont want to go to wizard as it overwrites changes in file manager. Did not explore ftp. Dont want to use ftp as it has problem with special character file name. Please help.
Thanks
Deepak

Browser: chrome

Re: cant find link to publish changes in website

if you are using the wizard editor then you hit publish their

if you using the visual editor just save your page their and it will go live

You are correct that if you use the wizard it overwrites anything edited in the file manager area

ftp is more if you make your webpage with your own editor away from bravenet's editors

Your new pages seem to be there, and links from the main page works to:
cloud.html
energy.html
solace.html
so there doesn't seem to be any problem.

You say you "Dont want to use ftp as it has problem with special character file name. Well, generally speaking, servers may have problems with special character file names, and our browsers may have problems. I remember a Russian at Geocities who asked why only the beginning of certain pages showed. Turned out that the Russian letter "Ya" (you know, the one that looks like a mirrored R) was interpreted by the server as an instruction to end the page right there. You may need special characters in your text. You don't need them in file names. Maybe in certain circumstances they could be useful, but you don't need them. Use a-z and 0-9 only.

Thanks Mr. Jack and Mr. Corwings for your replies. I kept on trying after posting the message. when i changed the wizard created hyperlinks having bravenet in it to bravehost's address to my new page, it started working. I would change special characters in file names, for wide acceptability, thanks.

Browser: chrome