This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment

hi im new to this and am trying to upload a website.
all my files are there but it doesnt seem to find the root folder which i renamed index.html so it would find it but now i get 403 error.
how do i fix this and publish the website??

Browser: ie8

Re: 403

Your home page should be named "index.html" and should be in your web site's root folder. Your root folder is probably not named "index.html".

Uploading your files to your web site's root folder is all that is needed for "publishing". If your home page is named "index.html", the server will find it when someone uses your site's URL. However, you need to get your URL correct. The link you provided says "highfeildladies.bravehost.com" but the real address is "highfieldladies.bravehost.com". Note the ""ei" "ie" switch. And, I can see that site just fine.

If your having trouble seeing it, put the correct URL in a browser and then force a couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R). This will force your browser to update it's information and display your site.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: 403

I am getting a message saying that the web site is available, I hope that is just a typo on your part.

Bravenet will also return a 403 if you exceed your storage allowance. That is quite easy to do if you upload a few photos direct from your camera as they will be huge high definition files.