This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Password Protect - right click access to files

Hi everyone - I've just added password protect to specific pages on my website to restrict access to a file (mp3) downloads page (members can download these music files from the site). However, I've just discovered that it looks like Password Protect appears to disable right click access to the files. Does anyone know how to get round this?

Many thanks

Browser: IE8

Re: Password Protect - right click access to files

Remove the line of code from the head section of your page that looks like:

Code:
<script language="Javascript" type="text/javascript" src="http://pub##.bravenet.com/passwd/jsnorightclick.php?usernum=##########"></script>

I have some trouble believing this. Perhaps I misunderstood something. But it looks as if the code you paste on the protected page consist of two parts:

One part says ....jsverify.php..., and should be the part that protects your page.

The other says ....jsnorightclick.php.... and doesn't seem to have any purpose except to sabotage normal workings of your webpages.

I don't actually use Password Protect, and have signed on only to test. But as far as I could see, the page was no less protected when I deleted the norightclick part.

Thank you so much. This does re-enable right click and it looks like my page is still protected.

Browser: IE8