This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please HELP me connect to SFTP.

To connect to SFTP via Filezilla, I am clicking "file" then clicking "site manager."

What am I supposed to fill in on this page besides HOST and PORT? I am filling in his according to what was listed on my Bravenet FTP page and for port I am filling in the # 22. I am choosing SFTP. Then, what goes in the USER field? The username? Okay, I've done that too. Now I click connect. It asks me for my FTP password, which I enter. However, it gives error messages when trying to connect. SO sad, I really need access to SFTP.

Thanks 4 any and all help,
Jennifer

Browser: IE7

Re: Please HELP me connect to SFTP.

Jennifer,

Port should be 21 not 22. Try following our FileZilla tutorial found here.

Courtnie

Courtnie, thank you for your response. Port should be 21? Okay, I had tried this before, but then changed it to 22 because I was selecting SFTP instead of FTP. So, in response, I have tried both 21 and 22 and neither will allow me to connect.

Can you please tell me what I am supposed to fill in inside the "USER" field?

Again, thank you so much for your quick response.

In addition, I have read the tutorial, but I am contacting the forum for additional help. I have already opened up a support ticket and gotten a response. The response has not helped me so far. I have yet to get a 2nd response. Please help me if you can.

Back in January of this year, I had trouble connecting to SFTP, and opened a support ticket. This is what their respose was (which cured my problem at that time.)

Bravenet Web Services Support [Coal - Support Night Manager] January 28, 2010 21:24:38
Was this reply helpful?

Dear Jennifer Williams,

Thank you for contacting us. When using SFTP, please be sure that you change the port number from the default 21 to port 22.

We looked back through previous tickets and it seems that this was the change that fixed the problem last time.

If you have any further problems, please let us know and include the full error message.

You can find your username under the FTP tab in your bravenet account. It also possible that your password is different for FTP then your bravenet login. If you are not sure of your password you can edit or even create a new login for FTP.

Hard to really say without knowing the error message.

Courtnie

Hi Courtney, thanks again for your quick response and trying to help me pin my problem down.

1. I am aware that my username is listed on my bravenet FTP page.

2. I am not sure if my username goes in the field on the Site Manager page labeled: USER. Can you confirm?

3. Just as I was going to find out the exact error message to give to you, the connection to SFTP worked for no apparent reason. Thank you for trying to help me, Courtnie. I really do appreciate you helping! I will let you know if this happens again! Jennifer

Yes you user name goes in the USER field.

Great to hear it is working now. :)