This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
background disappeared

background disappeared and the html code does not seem to work. I even built a test site trying just background and NOTHING happens yet everything was o k yesterday

Browser: firefox/IE

Re: background disappeared

I see a cloud background and a messy page

you have multiple bravenet banner codings and body and head tags

what editor are you using to edit your page

need to do some cleaning up with this page

I have excellent pop-up protection, yet when I opened this "site" several pop-unders were able to contaminate my browser. Open the page at your own risk...

Yeah with the topic of the page I wouldn't doubt that it is getting all these pop unders and more

Don't go near these type of sites

With IE, I get a couple of popup attempts. Only one got through. Firefox blocks them all.

The background displays just fine. The multiple advertisements are due to the poorly added Google verification codes. The code is entered twice, each time with it's own "html" and "head" tags. This is triggering all the extra advertisements. Remove the existing Google verification codes, including the associated "html" and "head" tags. Then, put the Google verification code in correctly. All you should need is the "meta" tag placed in the already existing "head" structure of your page. The "head" structure is just before the "body" tag where you specify the background.

You need something more than Google verification code, to get a rating in a search engine. You might add a "title" tag, other "meta" tags for keywords, author, etc.., and maybe some real content.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....