This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Why does one of my page looks funny?

Go here: http://www.urgentpets.org/purebredadoption.html

Why does this keep happening?! How do I correct it? Please e-mail me!

Re: Why does one of my page looks funny?

What is wrong that is OK on your other pages?

There IS something off with the page you mentioned.

I am not great with coding to know where to look but all your other pages are ok

But something is a miss on the one you mentioned at least with my browser IE8

Whether someone can pick it out that is great with coding

For the most part, the page looks fine. But at the very bottom of the "purebredadoption.html" page, you can see the footer skewed to the left. It should extend across the whole browser.

It looks like a lot of editing went into this page. There is a lot of left over and unnecessary code. But I will not list everything, because it doesn't affect the page display. I will only mention the big ones.

Since this is a Wizard creation, open the main content area for that page in the Wizard's editor. Then switch to the "Code Editor" mode. While it is difficult to sift through this code, not too far from the top you should see some code that says the following:

Code:
<TABLE class="interactive new_search_results search_results"> <TBODY>

It looks like you had a table in there at one time, and then edited out most of it. So the table is incomplete. This is what is causing the funny look of the page. Because the table was never terminated, the footer thinks it is part of the table. Remove that line of code and the page will display fine.

Near that line is also a line that says the following:

Code:
<P></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></P>

There are 13 span terminators in there that do nothing. Remove them. They only confuse anyone trying to view the code to help.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....