This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
General question - Stupid question

Stupid question folks.
I want to change the name of my website. How do I go about doing so without building a whole new site?

Browser: IE 7

Re: General question - Stupid question

Easiest way:
Buy a domain. "Mycoolnewname.com" or whatever.

Planned on getting a domain name. How do I put my website on my domain name? Will it automatically be associated with my current homepage?

well you can change the title of your website but the free subdomain name you would have to delete and start over from scratch if you want to get a new one their

with domains you need to be careful and make sure it is the DOMAIN you want because their if you buy one and you misspell it or something as have seen some do you have to keep the one for a year and go purchase another domain the way you want

don't know if can redirect your free subdomain to your DOMAIN or something like that

Looks like you made your page using bravenet's editors

So not fully sure that as looks like you made a lot with your site and i wouldn't want to rebuild from scratch again either. But with the online editors at the host just not sure how fully it works

Nothing is completely automatic, but the process is pretty simple.

You can buy a domain name almost anywhere, and then point it to your web site. You can get one through Bravenet, Godaddy.com, etc... When you purchase the domain you will have a domain name manager. In your domain name manager you will then add the Primary and Secondary Name servers for your web site. You can get those from Bravenet to point to your free web site. Then you wait 24 to 72 hours for the DNS servers around the world to update their name server.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

OK sugar you lost me. How do I "point" a domain? HTML?

When you buy a domain the vendor should provide a utility to allow you to "point" it at your site.

The procedure may vary slightly from vendor to vendor depending on how they have designed t their user interface.

Okey dokey. So they'll provide the utility necessary?
Wonderful! Thank you!