This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FTP HELP

I've been all over the Bravenet site and when I click the FTP tab I don't have any options. I'm told I need a website (which I have on my computer and I just need the information to FTP it up on the web). I used to have an account with Bravenet years ago and it was easy to upload, but with CFS I can get lost for hours without a step by step instructions.

Can someone please help me upload my site?

Thanking you in advance for any help or advice.

Browser: Firefox

Re: FTP HELP

Do you have an account here with bravenet

and do you have a domain/free subdomain here that you want to upload to

You can't upload anything via ftp if you have nothing to show in your account to even use FTP

Yes you have FILES on your computer for your website BUT again do you have a DOMAIN here at bravenet or a free subdomain already in your account so you can get the ftp information and then start uploading

Of course if you try to get FTP and it says you need a website then you have NOTHING on your account to even start uploading with FTP so you should concentrate on getting a domain if you don't have one or a free subdomain with free hosting then you can worry about publishing via FTP

You may have had an account years ago but what matters is the Here and NOW of what you have. If you have NO domain/free subdomain to publish too then until you do then we can worry about FTP

I don't know. I do have a url which is ladycarecfs.bravehost.com but that is all I got in my email. Times have changed with Bravenet in the last 4 years since I had a site up. You used to be able to go to the help section and click on FTP and it would tell you the things you needed to know to FTP...like user name: ladycarecfs.bravehost.com
ftp host name: ftp.bravenet.com

Is that right?

Browser: Firefox

Bravenet has changed a lot in the 4 years

Your site doesn't even show are you sure you signed up for that free subdomain you listed

If did then you should see something even the placeholder page till you get something more of a site published

So you may have deleted it or mistyped in the subdomain name

Login to your bravenet account and check the box where it says web hosting and see if your free subdomain is listed under the free websites area

If not you may have to SIGN UP for that free subdomain but be aware you only have 5mb of space to work with so hopefully have enough stuff for making a small site and any images you need to make sure or optimized/sized down to an appropriate size

Carol,

You are correct, you need a web site to use FTP. Having all the files for a website on your PC, doesn't mean anything without hosting.

It appears that the URL "ladycarecfs.bravehost.com" no longer exists. It comes back as "Available". But if you can still log in, your account is still working. Because your URL is "Available", you should be able to get it back. Just follow the "Free Websites" link under "Web Hosting" and enter the sub-domain name.

Then you can use the FTP tab and set up a FTP connection. The connection information may be a little different than you expect, but all the information will be there.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....