This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help needed

I noticed that my main page of my website is now off centre for some reason, it has been fine previously.
When I go into edit it, all looks fine. Can someone help me.

Browser: explorer8

Re: help needed

It appears that you created your web site with the Website Wizard. However, I see that the "DOCTYPE" tag is missing on your "index.html" file. This usually means that you have tried to edit your "index.html" page with the File Manager's Visual Editor. The Visual Editor deletes "DOCTYPE" tags. The "DOCTYPE" tag effectively sets level of interpretation for your browser. Without it, the web page structure will not be very stable across browsers. Centering is one of those instabilities. In some browsers it centers fine. In others it does not.

You should not mix the Website Wizard with any external editor. Changes made outside of the Wizard's editors will not be recorded in the Wizard. The next time you use the "publish" option all changes made externally will be overwritten.

To fix your problem, go back to the Wizard and use the "publish" option. This will regenerate all your pages and upload them to your web site. A couple of browser refreshes (F5 or Ctrl-R) will then show you the corrected pages.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: help needed

Thanks Philo
I have had the site now for over 12 months and all was good but apparently a one stage someone tried to alter my site and redirect traffic I don't know if it happened then or what, but one day I opened it up and this is what was there, so its been like this for awhile now. Bravenet notified me and I changed all of my passwords. I will try what you have suggested and see how I go. I am not a computer wiz just a grandma. Thanks again for helping will let you know how I get on
Debbie

Browser: explorer8