This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wizard Upload issues

some one pls help me everytime i try to upload my site when i use the wizard it doesn't upload it! http://www.soccerblast.bravehost.com/ it keeps saying 403 Forbidden

Browser: internet explorer

Re: Wizard Upload issues

Huh? How are you making your site? Are you creating it in Wizard, or are you uploading a site you have already created? Your message seems to say "both", but that makes no sense at all.

1. Did you make your site in the wizard THEN ONLY IF YOU MADE YOUR SITE using the wizard you hit the publish their and your index.html page will be set

2. IF YOU USED another editor like some program like Dreamweaver or some other outside WYSIWYG editor then use FTP to upload your site

Or did you publish and you are way over the space issue of 5mb because you have some huge images or something that used up your space

There is nothing wrong with how Joe stated his problem. Using the Wizard and uploading to his site is not inconsistent. If you go to the Website Wizard, the "publish website" link says "upload your site to the web". And, that is exactly what the Wizard's "publish website" link does.

But Skip probably hit on the issue. Joe probably ran his web space over the 5 MByte limit. The only cure for that is to reduce the "Disk Space" used. The most common cause for exceeding the account limit are images that are bigger then necessary.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

just visit the site: www.soccerblast.bravehost.com i was creating it using the wizard that bravehost provides but everytime i try to create the site and upload it, it won't be uploaded.

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer

Philo Kvetch
There is nothing wrong with how Joe stated his problem. Using the Wizard and uploading to his site is not inconsistent. If you go to the Website Wizard, the "publish website" link says "upload your site to the web". And, that is exactly what the Wizard's "publish website" link does.

But Skip probably hit on the issue. Joe probably ran his web space over the 5 MByte limit. The only cure for that is to reduce the "Disk Space" used. The most common cause for exceeding the account limit are images that are bigger then necessary.

thank you that's most likely the problem. I'll look into it.

Browser: Windows Internet Explorer

....or when you got as far as the website manager did you 'disable' the website (bottom right hand corner icon)by mistake.......

failing that... you publish, and then publish again on the next page (two part sequence)...

Stephen (Eng)
....or when you got as far as the website manager did you 'disable' the website (bottom right hand corner icon)by mistake.......

failing that... you publish, and then publish again on the next page (two part sequence)...

naw that's not the problem cuz i tried that disable thing clicked it first then went back and enabled it. I think it because i have a 5mb limit & it says i have 17.3 megs of file in the file manager. so im gonna have to delete delete delete.

Browser: internet explorere