This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
problemwith editing my website content- PuBLISHING!

Hey,

when I make corrections or edit pages on my website.
After publishing it it does not imediately appear with the new information. Does that mean that there is a delay of a few hours for it to be pubolished >Is this a technical issue for lack of customer service personnel?
That is definitely a nasty glitch or function of the publishing systems.

AOMBODY PLEASE HELP ME TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON. I made a correction last night edited my pages and its not showing yet even after Publishing it a fes times!

please emailme and give me the answer. I'mdesperate.

Re: problemwith editing my website content- PuBLISHING!

No, it doesn't mean that. And no, that isn't what happens. Of course, I cannot absolutely rule out that there was a tiny glitch that touched your site last night. But odds are very much against it.

When people visit your site, they will often go back and forth from page to page: index page, page 2, back to index, page 3, maybe check out page 2 again, etc.

Downloading all the information from the server every single time you click back would obviously be a terrible waste of time and bandwidth. So your browser stores the pages. When you return, you see the page stored on your computer. Eventually, the browser will probably download another copy. If and how often, depends on settings in your browser. In my browser, the settings start at every 5 minutes, every 10, once an hour, every 2, 3, 4, 5 10 and 24 hours, once a week and never.

If you cannot find the settings, just reload the page. You should have a button for it, an option on the right-click menu, or a keyboard shortcut (F5, Ctrl-R).

Re: problemwith editing my website content- PuBLISHING!

how are you editing and then publishing your page

Are you using the visual/text editor then save your pages their

or are you going to the wizard and hitting publish

if you did that any updates you do to your page are lost

Also as said you may be seeing a cached version of your page so may have to refresh your page a few times to get the updated page to come up if you published it correctly