This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What FTP client do you use most often?

Hey Everybody!

As you may or may not know Bravenet now supports SFTP. SFTP stands for Secure File Transfer Protocol and makes your transferring of files much more secure.

We would really like to encourage all of our members to use SFTP and hope to help everyone by providing support files to explain how to get it set up. In order to get these documents written we would like to know what FTP clients are most popular among our members. So please reply here with what client you are using.

For a lot of FTP programs it should be as simple as checking off an SFTP box. If you see that box on your program we strongly suggest checking it off. If you can't find it, do not to worry - that's why we want to get some help files written for you.

Thank you for your help!

Re: What FTP client do you use most often?

I use Core FTP

Filezilla

Core FTP

I use Filezilla.
Previously I used coreftp

Courtnie from Bravenet
Hey Everybody!

As you may or may not know Bravenet now supports SFTP. SFTP stands for Secure File Transfer Protocol and makes your transferring of files much more secure.

We would really like to encourage all of our members to use SFTP and hope to help everyone by providing support files to explain how to get it set up. In order to get these documents written we would like to know what FTP clients are most popular among our members. So please reply here with what client you are using.

For a lot of FTP programs it should be as simple as checking off an SFTP box. If you see that box on your program we strongly suggest checking it off. If you can't find it, do not to worry - that's why we want to get some help files written for you.

Thank you for your help!

I use Core FTP!

WS_FTP LE. it's free.

Browser: firefox

I use smartftp software

I really need help connecting to Filezilla with my Braveent FTP account. I understand that to transfer files via SFTP you must use the "Site Manager." The only fields I see to fill in are the HOST, PORT, and USER. What goes in the user field? I have tried my username for my FTP account. After filling in those fields and clicking "connect" it asks me for my ftp password, which I enter. Still, I am getting error messages and cannot connect to the SFTP. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! Jennifer

Browser: IE7

I need to know the ftp address for uploading my files. I am not computer illiterate, and have had many web sites published on ATT until they went defunct on me. Could you please let me know what your ftp upload address is. Thanks

Browser: IE8

I use Dreamweaver's FTP option

smartFTP

I use Core FTP Pro.

I use Filezilla

Browser: Firefox

I don't use any as I don't know how

Filezilla

Browser: Firefox 3.6

I use filezilla, but I have used Dreamweaver CS3 in the past. It is great for upgrades and modifications to the site.

I've been trying to use Dreamweaver CS5 for a new site: www.northernneckmemories.com, but without success. I am able to connect using filezilla, but there are other problems.

Browser: IE, Firefox

Dreamweaver CS5

Browser: Safari 5

FireFTP... a plugin for FireFox. Yes, I am using SFTP.

I also use the SFTP built in to Notepad++.

Browser: FF3.6

I was using Fetch, but for the last couple of weeks it has stopped working
I've just tried Filezilla, but no success either

Browser: Firefox

We use Filezilla here at our Web Design Company in Norwich.
Its totally free also..

I use different free ftp programs for webhosting and in my opinion they are all quite good. But i don't need any special functions tough.