This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Domain redirection

Hey all,

I'm helping a friend with a website, so I wasn't around for the initial set up, but I'm trying to get the domain to stop redirecting and go to the site directly.

Currently the domain is set to redirect and the address bar stays the same the whole time. Everywhere you go on the site is contained in an iframe.

I want the domain to to go to the site itself. How can I turn off this redirect feature but assure the domain points to the site?

domain: sheilawolk.com
working domain: sheilawolk.bravehost.com

Thanks so much!
Alex

Re: Domain redirection

First you need to turn off the re-direct. You should be able to do so under the domains tab click "Setup domain redirection".

After turning off the redirection you need to add the domain as a website. Click on the website tab, and then click "Build a new website." From there select "Use an existing domain" - you should see the domain in a drop down box, click "create website."

After doing this, you need to copy/transfer the files from the bravehost site to the domain.

If you have the files on your computer, simply upload them again to the domain. Otherwise use an FTP program to download the files to your computer and then upload them to the domain.

Hope this helps.
Courtnie

Re: Domain redirection

Hi Courtnie,

That did the trick! Everything is working fine.

Thanks,
Alex