This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need a pro to help this nubie - have to physically type in index.html to get my home page to load

I'm just starting to learn web design in Dreamweaver CS4. FINALLY I got my "website in progress" to publish... but I have to physically type in /index.html after my URL to get my home page to load. If I just type in my URL without index.html, then the page that loads is bravenet's construction page. I'm so lost!!

Browser: safari

Re: Need a pro to help this nubie - have to physically type in index.html to get my home page to loa

I see your page with and without index.html

Just have to be PATIENT Molly.

You are busy posting same question differently opening four threads here.

Why not keep replying in one of them next time rather than start a new thread everytime you have a question ALL ON SAME TOPIC but just worded different

Re: Need a pro to help this nubie - have to physically type in index.html to get my home page to loa

To save you from downloading your page every time you return, you browser saves the files on your PC. So if you go to your main page, click the About link, then the Home link, you don't have to download the main page twice.

Your browser remembers that your page says "Under contstruction." When you add index.html you trick it into thinking it is a different page, and it downloads the new one.

You should easily be able to find a command to reload the page in your menu bars or rightclick menu.

Ha!! Patience - what's that? I'm in advertising. Thanks for the input on all counts.

Browser: safari