This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Cannot FTP a file to my web site

When I first set up the site I was able to FTP my pages
Then for the last week I have not been able to update the pages and reload them.

There was an error msg, so I got on to the forum to check and see if there was a problem. The only thing I can figure out is that the server was busy.

Now I don't get any error msg the file just does not upload.

I'm using CuteFTP it has always worked for me.

I have another site at doteasy and it has never had this kind of problem.

So am I doing something wrong or is it just your servers?
If thats the case I'm hoping that you can get them fixed.

Thanks!!

Deb

Browser: IE 8

Re: Cannot FTP a file to my web site

Hi Deb,

This may not be very helpful, but I'm having a similar problem--Prior to this week I could FTP to update my website using a 3rd party program and now I can't. I'm thinking their march 23rd upgrade thingamajig is creating changes in the informaton we need to give the 3rd party program, even though mine (serif WebPlus SE) says it can make a connection to the server when I hit "test connection." My error is 5505: About.com:Access Denied or something like that. What a pain! I'm a writer not a computer whizz! But it seems pretty clear that this was an intentional change related to something they wanted to change and have yet to resolve.

Browser: IE 7

usually a busy server but if you are using CUTEFTP shouldn't be any problems with the ftp for that

make sure you have your settings correct.

If using the ftp program here at bravenet then that has always had issues

Thank you both for your information.

I'm thinking that if these people don't get things fixed I'll just stay with DotEasy. I have 1 yr left with them.

I am a computer person but I have no idea what they are doing here.

I use my site for Genealogy and it is not making my family very happy.