This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
registering Domain

Hi there!

my boss has been trying to register a domain name for 5 years but the transaction wont process. i tried it also and all i get is "Sorry, we are unable to process your order at this time."

please help!

Browser: Mozilla

Re: registering Domain

That's a long time to wait. Why don't you register it with someone else? I doesn't matter where it's registered. You can still use it with your Bravenet hosting. You might want try "Godaddy.com". They have good service and prices. I have several domain names registered with them.

Then use the Domain Name link in your Web Hosting account to "Add External Domain". This will give you the information you need to modify the Primary and Secondary Domain names in your domain name manager. Bravenet should take care of the necessary redirect.

Note: Domain names and hosting are separate issues. If you are applying a domain name to a free web site, purchasing a domain name does not get rid of the advertisements from your web site. To get rid of the advertisements, you will need to purchase hosting.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

don't know too if can be anything with your form of payment like your credit card.

It seems to not be going through so assuming the domain you want is still available etc as well

But as Philo said Godaddy.com seems to be the place people get domains from and hosting you can get here at bravenet for your domain

And as Philo also said you have a free subdomain right now so if you want to get rid of the ads you need to have upgraded hosting and you also get more space as well as compared to the free hosting/free subdomain

I am going to guess that the domain is taken OP is expecting it to come up for sale on expiry when the current owner has the option to renew.