This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Accessing editing feature

I imbedded a talking icon on my site, and it didn't work out right, (it was supposed to have a close button) so I tried to remove the page, but I can't access any of my pages for editing. It only brings up "add a new page." The icon is right in the middle of some text, and can't be removed.
As you can see, I'm a rank amateur at this stuff.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

Re: Accessing editing feature

Personally, I don't like web pages that try to talk to me or play music. That's why I always keep the sound shut off. Plus, I find the talking character distract visitors from your web page. But, that's just my view.

To remove the talking character, navigate to the Wizard and open your "index.html" page in the Wizard's editor. You may, or may not, see the talking character. That editor isn't capable of displaying everything. Click on the "Code Editor" tab. This will display all of the HTML for the "Main Content" section of your page. The code for the character is Javascript. You should see it at the very beginning of the code. It starts with the "script" start tag and ends with the "/script" terminator tag. There should be two "script" sections. Remove them both, right up to the "h2" tags with the words "Double Eagle". Don't remove the words, or the "h2" tags, just all the code that precedes it.

Then save your work and re-publish. You may have to use the browser refresh (F5 or Ctrl-R) several times, when you view it, to get it to update properly. The talking character should then be gone.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

Re: Accessing editing feature

Thanks a lot. Big help! I'm not sure I like the talking icon either. Just wanted to check it out. I think I'll just leave it off the page.
Appreciate your assistance.

Bill