This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How to delete/stop using 'Website Wizard'?

How do I delete/stop using website wizard? I prefer to edit things using HTML but any changes I make are overriden by the website wizard and I am unable to publish the changes.

Browser: Mozilla

Re: How to delete/stop using 'Website Wizard'?

Well might delete your index.html page and start over if you want to use your own editor

You ONLY PUBLISH in the wizard if you are going to use the wizard editor

If you make changes elsewhere then go hit publish in the wizard well YOUR WORK WAS JUST LOST as it ONLY KEEPS A COPY OF YOUR PAGE AS IT WAS in the website wizard

But I think have seen in here with ones that want to go to their own editors like notepad, dreamweaver etc and move away from wizard have to delete the index.html page and upload their new index.html page to replace it

So it is designed with whatever editor you are using and not a template from the wizard editor

And to publish with your own html editor use FTP

Re: How to delete/stop using 'Website Wizard'?

Hey there,
Thanks for your reply. I deleted all of the pages under the wizard, however it would not let me delete the index.html page. This didn't matter however, because it reverted back to the page I had saved under the file manager rather than the wizard, so now any changes I make using the file manager are automatically published.
Thank you!

Browser: Mozilla