This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Website is out of whack?

So i went on today to update my site a little bit. Didnt touch anything,went to the actual site asmecarshow.bravehost.com and there was no background or theme, and most of the links stopped working....

Went into the manager, clicked on each page, all the wording was still there, previewed the page, finished editing, punlished it and then when i went back to the website there was still no background....

Can anyone help my website work again?

Browser: Internet Explorer

Re: Website is out of whack?

what editor are you even using. I see a site with a grey background and about cars and a lot of broken images and things

Are you mixing the wizard AND THE visual/text editors

You have to make sure EVERYTHING with your page is coded correctly or IT WON'T Work

so go back to drawing board.

If you are using the wizard then you PUBLISH THERE ONLY if you are using the wizard. If you moved out of the wizard and are using the visual/text editor then STAY AWAY from the wizard and just save your pages their and upload

It's true that you should not mix the Visual/Text editor with the Wizard, but that doesn't fix your problem. You might need the Visual editor for things other than editing your Wizard pages.

Bravenet is having an issue with their Visual editor. The Visual editor hasn't worked for me in over a week. The Visual editor does not read any CSS or images from your account. Only external images are displayed. Further, if a page is saved, while in the Visual editor, all of the relative links are preceded with a "http:///". That totally disables them. I have a trouble ticket opened on the problem, and I suggest you do the same. They say that they are looking into the issue now.

The Website Wizard seems to be unaffected by this, so if you go back to the Wizard your site should publish just fine.

Browser: Firefox, Netscape, Sea Monkey, Internet Explorer, .....

This issue with the visual editor should now be resolved.

However, like others mentioned it is not recommend to mix the editors. If you use the visual editor and then go back to the wizard you will lose any changes you made in the visual editor.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Courtnie