This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
not allowed to access page.

i need help with veiwing my site, i put up a template that was 0.4kb of data to veiw it, and see how it looked before i put the whole site up. i used dreamweaver, ane help?
i get a message saying you are not allowed to veiw this page.
www.boasbyzach.co.cc

Re: not allowed to access page.

Probably used up your 5mb of space you have for your site or your index.html page is not in proper place

If you have free hosting with your site you are only allowed 5mb of space

I am experiencing a similar problem. Where is the "proper place" for the index? Actually, i didn't change the index location at all. My website just stopped working.

After re-uploading my entire site, www.fotoboof.ca doesn't work anymore. Why is this the case? I keep an exact copy of my site on my computer.

(Two minutes later.)
Ah, i figured something out. My URL changed to:

http://www.fotoboof.ca/Fotoboof.ca/index.html

instead of just: www.fotoboof.ca

How do i change it back to just www.fotoboof.ca?

(Ten minutes later.)
I just tried the redirect feature. So i tried to redirect www.fotoboof.ca ----> http://www.fotoboof.ca/Fotoboof.ca/index.html

I get an error that says i cannot redirect to itself.

(55 minutes later.)

Found a fix. index.html was in a sub-folder.

Browser: Safari

Ok so i realize that the index is goone, how do i add it bacl on in dreamweaver ftp? plz i need this done really soon,

zach wilson
Ok so i realize that the index is goone, how do i add it bacl on in dreamweaver ftp? plz i need this done really soon,

You should always save a copy of the index on your computer hard drive. If the index.html was removed from the ftp server, and you don't have a copy of it, i think its permanently gone, deleted.

Browser: Safari