This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Document transfer to website

Please help! I am a teacher, so I post my lesson plans for students and parents to view on my website. I am trying to transfer documents onto my website from my computer. How do I do this?

Re: Document transfer to website

I am not sure if pdf files are allowed with free hosting/free subdomains here at bravenet

also you don't have the file linked to even download.

You may have to work it another way or upload someplace else and then provide a link so parents can download.

I know how important it is with teachers to have files for parents and such to download.

Plus would have to upload the file via ftp as well too

and whether they are huge files especially with only 5mb of space you have with your site.

You can't use free hosting for downloads. You have two options
1. Publish the information as web pages. Most word processors and spreadsheets have an option for this.
2. Upgrade and use FTP to put printable documents on the site in a common format such as PDF.

Browser: firefox

I don't know how to do this - can you help?

Which of the two options?

PDF

I have already upgraded FTP thinking I could "use FTP to put printable documents on the site in a common format such as PDF."

The document lists on the web site column of the PDF, but it does NOT show on my website - how do I get it on my website?

I am frustrated... and I want my money back!

Correction: The document lists on the web site column of the FTP listing, but it does NOT show on my website - how do I get it on my website?

Looks to me like you are not UNDERSTANDING our initial answer from Peter

YOU were NOT told to UPGRADE your FTP program but UPGRADE YOUR HOSTING here at bravenet to PAID HOSTING OR

Make your files that you want to have WEBPAGES and

PDF files are not a file type you can upload with a FREE HOSTED SITE/FREE SUBDOMAIN that you have