This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
email change

I need to change the contact info on my page and it keeps telling my disk is full, can anyone help me?

Re: email change

Is it a free site?

yes, but all I want to do is change the email address that is on our contact page.

well just go to the editor that you made your contact page with and change the email address you have on the page to the one you want and save page and publish

or are you talking about the e-mail address associated wtih your bravenet account

I tried that and when I go to save the change it tell's me the disk quota is full.And it is just the email to connect us for reservations.

Jenn,

Are you over your disk space on your free hosting account? The limit was changed a few months ago to 5mb. Double check that you are not over.

Courtnie

I don't understand how do I check?

On the right it says Web Hosting
Just below it says Disk Space. this should be less than 5MB
If over 5mb then delete some pictures or at least reduce them in size. you need to get well below 5mb or upgrade to a paid account.
Might help if you added the URL then people could see what is the largest items do this the same way as you add your email address on here

ok,thanks,I'll try that.

it says 11.9mb of 5.0mb

Well 11.9mb is over double the amount of space you are allowed. So you need to take a look below as your images are one issue so you won't really be able to change your e-mail address on your page till you get your space problem down below 5 mb so read below and

You need to optimize/resize your pictures on your room pictures page and if you have images on any other page as well

they are taking a little time to load and they APPEAR to be one size on the page when they are totally another in itself

so why not get irfanview and resize the pictures to an appropriate size and reupload and it should cut some of your space issue down especially when you have free hosting and the free subdomain.

Most people just pop images up on their pages and don't realize digital images need to resize because they are huge files/images and will take someone over their space if put it straight up without sizing the photo's down to a proper size

ok,now could you explain that to me in english,lol, I am not that smart,I need a step by step explanation to resize or should I just delete a lot of the pictures?

Jenn,

Article 1 and 3 in this past issue of our Tips and Tricks newsletter should help you. The first article talks about image size and the third shows you how to resize.

You can find it here.

Courtnie

well I went in and deleted a couple of pictures and got the size down to 4.9 , but when I go back to the website nothing is gone and the email info hasn't changed, so can I give you my username and password and you could fix it for me,pleaseeeeeeee. I could email it to your personel account.

That is not a good Idea

Looks as though you have deleted some pictures

YOU have to edit your webpage YOURSELF it is not up to bravenet to change your information on your webpage but YOU AND YOU ALONE as it is your WEBSITE that you need to change.

As said all you had to do was resize the photos if you still wanted them for your page

But because you were over your space allotment it may take a little bit of time and you can probably try on Saturday sometime to edit your contact info page and change your e-mail address on it

But as said this is YOUR WEBSITE and YOUR responsibility to keep track of the information and space and such you have with it.

Thanks everyone for your help. I've managed to get the email address changed on the contact info page, I am still working on the home page one, I've don't it a couple of times, maybe it's take awhile to change.I'll check back later today.Thanks again.